Friday, January 29, 2010

getting started on the proposal - questions...

The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things... I haven't written on this blog for a few years, but I think I will resume. I'm starting my dissertation proposal officially. I have a deadline for submitting some writing to my seminar in 8 days. I need to figure out what would be helpful for me to submit. Here's what I know so far... I want to do an ethnography, where I study a classroom over time. I'm interested in finding a classroom where the teacher(s) value students' talk, give students opportunities to work together and collaborate, and are also interested in/trying out critical literacy practices with students. I think I want to focus on students as readers. I'm just having trouble getting started. Reading other people's dissertations is helpful. What's the problem that I'm trying to address here? I'm so easily distracted.

No comments: