Annyong ha shimnikka!
I am participating in the Korea Society Fellowship for Educators from 6/18-7/5... I'm leaving tonight! In fact, I'm on my way to the airport momentarily. I leave from JFK at 0:50 AM. I am packed pretty lightly - one suitcase, one backpack, and one purse. I also have a money belt (in case you were wondering, Mom :) ) I have my gifts - a book about Louis Comfort Tiffany, another book about NYC architecture, a NYC t-shirt (thanks to my trip to Times Square with Tara) and a fancy journal. These will be donated to the "gift stash" of my co-travelers, and we will give a gift to each of our hosts, lecturers, guides, etc.
Well, I'm a little nervous, but not too bad. My ipod decided to stop working last minute, after I downloaded some new mixes, Annie Dillard's new book, and some Thich Nhat Hanh to listen to. Hopefully I'll get it working, but at least I'm bringing my laptop, so I will have access to my music and audiobooks in my hotelroom. Hopefully it will work, though!
Anyways, I'll write again once I'm in Seoul. On 6/22 we are visiting a highschool and doing a "fun" lesson about American schools. I'm doing a "bingo" game using NYC landmarks, and I also have a little power point presentation about schools in NYC.
Wish me luck! A bientot!
1 comment:
Have a great trip Mary! How will you ever navigate an Asian country without Rajan? :)
Post a Comment